My work focuses on the development of optimization methodologies for solving mixed integer optimization problems. These problems appear naturally in various situations where organizations need to make decisions that have a discrete nature. Examples of those situations are: the design of logistic networks, the deployment of cloud computing infrastructures, and the design of electricity networks systems. These three examples are at the center of my current research work. I am also actively working on the implementation and testing of my methodological results. That work usually becomes open source optimization software available for those having interests on testing new ideas or solving real problems.
- Pérez, J.F., Silva, D., Góez, J.C., Sarmiento, A., Sarmiento A., Akhavan, R., Riaño, G., jMarkov: an integrated framework for Markov chain modeling. ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software (TOMS), Volume 43, Issue 3, January 2017 [DOI].
- Belotti, P., Góez, J.C., Pólik, I., Ralphs, T., Terlaky, T., A complete characterization of disjunctive conic cuts for mixed integer second order cone optimization. Discrete Optimization, Volume 24, 2017, Pages 3 - 31 [DOI].
- Belotti, P., Góez, J.C., Pólik, I., Ralphs, T., and Terlaky, T., A conic representation of the convex hull of disjunctive sets and conic cuts for integer second order cone optimization. In Al-Baali, M., Grandinetti, L., and Purnama, A. (editors), Numerical Analysis and Optimization: NAO-III, Muscat, Oman, January 2014, Volume 134 of Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, Pages 1 - 35. Springer International Publishing, 2015 [DOI].
- Belotti, P., Góez, J.C., Pólik, I., Ralphs, T., and Terlaky, T., On families of quadratic surfaces having fixed intersections with two hyperplanes. Discrete Applied Mathematics, Volume 161, Issues 16 - 17, November, Pages 2778 - 2793, 2013 [DOI].
- Riaño, G., Góez, J.C., jMarkov: An object oriented framework for modeling and analyzing Markov chains and QBDs, ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, Vol. 201, Proceeding from the 2006 workshop on tools for solving structured Markov chains, Article No.6, October 10, 2006, Pisa, Italy [DOI].
- Çay, B.C., Góez, J.C., Terlaky, T., Effects of disjunctive conic cuts within a branch and conic cut algorithm to solve asset allocation problems. Submitted.
- Góez, J.C., Anjos, M.F., Second order conic optimization formulations for service system design problems with congestion. Under revision.
- Shahabsafa, M., Góez, J.C., Terlaky, T., On Pathological Disjunctions and Redundant Disjunctive Conic Cuts. Submitted (September 2017).
- Góez, J.C., Luedtke, J., Rajan, D., Kalagnanam, J., Stochasic Unit Committment Problem.
Last update on: December 4, 2017